Blue Mountains Art Prize - Entries Now Closed
Proudly brought to you by the Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, Glenbrook.
The Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, a not for profit organisation, invites all artists to enter our inaugural Art Prize to celebrate our 45th Anniversary.
As the first art centre in the Blue Mountains it has always been our mission to foster the arts in our community providing classes, workshops, groups and exhibitions. It’s now time for us to reward creativity!
Open to all artists. Entry Fee $25 per work. Limit of 2 entries per person
Major Prize: Blue Mountains Art Prize $1,000
- The Sadie Foster Prize $150
- The Roy Brook Prize $150
- The Barbara Dahl Prize $150
BMCAC Young Artist Prize:
Open to students enrolled in our children’s classes.
Entry Fee $5 (includes canvas sponsored by Artsup)
BMCAC Young Artist Prize 1st: $50
Entries Open: May 1st Entries
Close: August 18th
Delivery: 27th of August, 9am - 6pm
Pick Up: 2nd of September, 5pm
Sizes below are the MAXIMUM whether the works are framed or unframed. (Unframed must be foam core backed)
2D: 30cmx30cm (12”x12”)
3D: 30cmx30cmx30cm (12”x12”x12”)
Works will be displayed at the discretion of the BMCAC Committee.
Blue Mountains Art Prize Conditions of Entry
1. The Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre Committee (the Committee) reserves the right to refuse acceptance of any artwork if deemed offensive, inappropriate or noncompliant with the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
2. Works submitted must be your original work and created within the last 12 months prior to the Art Prize.
3. Entry Forms must be submitted by Saturday,18th of August 2018 to confirm your space.
4. A non-refundable entry fee of $25 per artwork must be included with your Entry Form.
5. A sales commission of 25% from each work sold will be retained by the Committee. The balance of works sold will be paid to the artist by cheque.
6. It is the responsibility of the artist to pay any GST liability to the Australian Taxation Office.
7. All works submitted are to be labelled on the back with artist name, artwork title, medium and price.
8. Framed works must include D hooks and wire or cord ready for hanging. Unframed works must be attached to foam core board. 3D works will be displayed on table top or plinths.
9. Artists are limited to 2 artworks for exhibition. 2D not exceeding a size 30cm x 30cm (12”x12”) framed or unframed. 3D not exceeding a size of 30cmx30cmx30cm (12”x12”x12”).
10. All artworks must be dry or they will not be hung.
11. All reasonable care will be taken when handling the works submitted. However, no liability will be accepted by the Committee for loss, theft or damage of works before, during or after the art show.
12. All transport and insurance costs are the responsibility of the artist.
13. The artist agrees to deliver and collect works during the times specified in this form.
14. Artworks, sold or unsold, may not be removed from the art prize until 5pm on Sunday, the 2nd of September 2018.
15. Artworks are to be delivered to: Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, Cnr of Hare and Moore St, Glenbrook on Monday the 27th of August 9am and 6pm No exceptions
16. The recipient of this years’ Blue Mountains Art Prize, Sadie Foster Prize, Barbara Dahl Prize, Roy Brook Prize and BMCAC Young Artist Prize may have their artwork featured in the following years’ promotional material.
17. The Blue Mountains Art Prize, Sadie Foster Prize, Barbara Dahl Prize and Roy Brook Prize will be judged by independent individuals. Therefore these prizes will be open to all members of the public and all members of the Blue Mountains Creative Arts Centre, including Committee Members.
18. The BMCAC Young Artist Prize will be judged by three Committee members (excluding the teachers of the children’s art classes).
Blue Mountains Art Prize Entry Form