Guidelines and Policy for Children’s Classes
Please read if enrolling a child.
- Maximum 8 children for pottery and 12 for art classes.
- Children need to be school age.
- Disabilities and behaviours which may impact on class need to be disclosed. Children who cause disruption or endanger the wellbeing of others will be excluded from class without refund if conference with parents fails to rectify the problem.
- Classes start at 4:00pm, clean up starts at 5:15pm to finish at 5:30pm.
- Phone numbers and addresses need to be kept up to date. The teacher needs to be able to contact parents in case of emergency.
- Children under 12 need to be personally escorted to class and collected after class by an adult.
- Protective, enclosed footwear needs to be worn to classes, ie no thongs or sandals.
- Aprons or old clothes should be worn, and hair tied back for safety.
- Parents or caregivers may remain with children through lessons so long as they do not personally participate in making their own works. Parents may be welcome to help with the activities individually as organized by the teacher. (Parents wishing to undertake their own pottery work need to be members and/or attend adult classes or group meetings. Private pottery work will not be fired.)
- Class fees must be paid prior to classes. Teachers cannot accept fees.
- Children intending on re-enrolling need to indicate their intentions by last week of term, or their place becomes vacant. Then enrollments are taken in order of receipt until the maximum class size is reached.
- Classes will only proceed if minimum numbers are reached. Fees will be refunded if classes do not go ahead, or they can be moved to a different class or held in credit for the following term.